A quick and satisfying weeknight or date night meal - ready in under 20 minutes! Like so many of our recipes, this tasty meal is wellness on a plate. Olive oil brings out the flavor and dissolves the active compounds in the spices ready for your body to use.
We chose a high-protein pasta to deliver a full serving of protein, while the shrimp is used sparingly. Think of animal and fish protein as a "garnish" rather than the star of the plate.
- Verdant Kitchen Turmeric Infused Honey - 1 tbsp
- Shrimp - 8 oz
- Red onion - 1 cup, chopped
- Frozen peas - 1 cup
- Olive oil - 1 tbsp
- Cumin - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander - 1/4 tsp
- Ground black pepper - 1/4 tsp
- Low sodium soy sauce - 2 tsp
- Cornstarch - 1/2 tsp
- Pasta - we chose a high-protein fine spaghetti - 8 oz
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Verdant Kitchen® products used in this recipe
- Boil salted water in a large saucepan and add pasta. Cook according to package directions.
- In a skillet, add olive oil, cumin, coriander, black pepper and Verdant Kitchen Turmeric Infused Honey and warm to bloom the spices.
- Add shrimp, onions and peas and simmer for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch in 1-2 tbsp. of water and stir to thicken.
- Drain pasta.
- Plate and serve.