It just seems that as soon as the mornings get even a little cool in the south you suddenly think about a slice of pecan pie.
Delicious yes but to us, the recipes have just become overly sweet and loaded with refined sugars.
We went looking for a healthier option. This is our take on a more "healthy" pecan pie inspired by A Sweet Pea Chef https://www.asweetpeachef.com/healthy-pecan-pie/ it features our delicious Ginger Infused Honey and Candied Ginger Pecans.
We think you will love it. Easy to make, it will be a fall favorite.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
2 tbsp coconut oil melted
1/2 tsp fresh orange zest
1/8 tsp sea salt
1 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 tbsp whole wheat pastry flour
1 bottom pie crust
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine Verdant Kitchen® Ginger Infused Honey, coconut oil, eggs, fresh orange zest, sea salt, unsweetened almond milk, ground cinnamon, pure vanilla extract, and whole wheat pastry flour. Stir to combine.
- Arrange the Verdant Kitchen® Candied Ginger Pecans into the prepared 9-inch pie crust.
- Pour the liquid filling mixture over the pecans, spreading some with a spoon if necessary.
- Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- The pie will rise in the oven. You’ll know it’s done when it has small cracks in the top and is no longer jiggly.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool, preferably overnight.
You can download a printable PDF of the recipe here.
Verdant Kitchen® Products featured in this recipe