This is a classic Australian and British dessert. Warm and fragrant with a great texture. The hidden crunch of Ginger Candied Pecans and the soft, sweet warmth of Ginger Bites balance perfectly with the thick, rich toffee sauce. A scoop of vanilla ice cream finishes this wonderful end to a meal.
Prep Time : 10 Minutes | Cooking Time: 30 Minutes | Servings: 6
Verdant Kitchen™ Ginger Bites 1 tin 1.6oz (48 g)
Verdant Kitchen™ Ginger Candied Pecans finely chopped 2oz ( 56g)
- Dried Dates finely chopped 1 cup (140g)
- Brown Sugar firmly packed 1/2 cup (110g)
Verdant Kitchen™ USDA Organic USA Ground Ginger 1 tsp
- Baking Soda 1 tsp
- Eggs large 2 ea
- Butter 2oz (56 g)
- Self-rising Flour 3/4 cup (110g)
- Water 3/4 cup
- Ginger Butterscotch Sauce
Verdant Kitchen™ USDA Organic USA Ground Ginger 1/2 tsp
- Cream 2/3 cup (160 ml)
- Brown Sugar firmly packed 1/2 cup 110g)
- Butter 4oz (112g)
- Preheat oven to 320F (160C)
- Combine dates and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil to hydrate.
- Blend hydrated date mixture, butter and sugar, eggs, flour, 1/2 of the Ginger Bites and ground ginger until smooth.
- Grease a muffin pan and add liners to the base of the pans.
- Sprinkle the bottoms of the pans with the Ginger Candied Pecans and remaining Ginger Bites.
- Pour pudding mixture into pans.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then let stand for 5 minutes.
- Butterscotch Sauce
- Add all ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Heat gently and mix until smooth.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
Uncup pudding onto a plate and drizzle with warm butterscotch sauce.
Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
This recipe uses the following Verdant Kitchen™ products:
Leave a comment